Tuesday, November 11, 2008

What I've been eating

I wanted to share some of the dishes we eat on a regular basis. Some of these recipes are on my other site, some are just so basic everyone has their own recipes for them, such as bar-b-que chicken. No recipe is really needed and everyone makes it a bit differently. Bar-b-que chicken, turnips and jalapeno flax bread. Stir-fries are a go to meal. Quick, easy and a great way to use up those bits and pieces of veggies in the veggie drawer.
We really like the flavor combo of bourbon and apricot. It's great on both chicken and pork. Bourbon Apricot chicken with cabbage and green beans
Left over meats make great wraps for lunch. Left over steak makes a great fajita wrap in half a sheet of Joseph's Lavash bread with a side of coleslaw.
I recently created a chicken potpie recipe, it was so good I made a ground beef pot pie, actually it's like cottage pie with a top crusts.
Pizza night on Flat out bread.
Flax bread is a main staple for breakfast at my house. I make everything from Cinnamon Pecan to Banana Nut. Toasted with a little butter or cream cheese and I'm good to go all day.
With a cup of tea, the perfect way to start the morning
Frittatas make a great breakfast or lunch and super easy to make.
Spaghetti squash makes a great mac & cheese
And don't think I forget to feed my sweet tooth. While not an every week much less every day occurrence, I do have my arsenal of sweet treats.
Pound cake (Jennifer Eloff's Splendid Low Carb Desserts) with berries
Dark Chocolate coconut Bark
Chocolate Peanut Butter Torte with Chocolate Peanut Butter Frosting.
Hot chocolate is the perfect way to end the day.

6 comments:

Jennifer [To PIN/share a Post, Click the 3 dots or the Red SAVE Button] said...

Cool. Looks yummy, Vikki! You even have a dessert of mine in there. :=)

Just taking a break between cleaning and packing to check your great blog!

Vikki said...

We don't eat dessert often. But it's so nice to have something good to make when we do.

I'm trying to little by little get a little some things in the freezer for the Holidays

Thanks for visiting,
Vikki

Lauren said...

Jalapeno flax bread? Recipe?

Looks like you eat very well! Isn't this WOE great? :D

Vikki said...

Hey Lauren,
Thanks for dropping in. Jalapeno flax bread has become one of our favorites. We had cabbage and what my mom teasingly calls hotbread for lunch today. The recipe is on my recipe blog here

http://vikkiskitchn.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!C34F22B307DAF53B!2320.entry

Darn I wish this would let us add links..oh well if you try the bread let me know what you think, and I have a dozen or so different flax recipes.

Former Donut Junkie said...

Wow, that's a lot of cooking! Sounds good to me and looks even better. Ron, aka The Former Donut Junkie.

Vikki said...

Thanks Ron,
This is indeed a fabulous way to eat isn't it? Such great food and still loose weight... Oh Yeah!