Tuesday, October 21, 2008

feeling better finally

After about 2 1/2 week of this nasty cold/allergy/crude, I'm finally feeling better. I've been back in the kitchen working on Chicken recipes as you can tell if you've looked at my other blog.
I've neglected this blog terrible but I just haven't felt like sharing much. Forgive me for that.

So where am I right now? Afraid to even look at the scales. Everyone in this house has been sick for weeks so we've relied way to much on take out, not a good thing at all. My sleep pattern is all off again, grrrrr I hate this so mom and I have not been keep up with our exercise. Basically everything has been on hold.
But I've managed to get in a few good recipes during the last few days. I made a yummy chicken soup, prefect for warming up the bod and the spirit. A fabulous Chicken Potpie and Chicken Tetrazinni using Spaghetti squash. I made pumpkin flax seed that's not too pumpkiny but oh so yummy.
What's next? I don't know but I've got left over pumpkin in the fridge so maybe some pumpkin soup? Pudding? maybe even a cheese cake.
Also, I want to do a review of Jennifer Eloff's Splindid Low-Carb Desserts cookbook very soon. This is definitely a cookbook you're going to want before you start planning your holidays.

So I've got lots I want to get done in the next few days, so come on back and see what's going on and don't forget to check out my recipe blog
Have a wonderful week!

2 comments:

Former Donut Junkie said...

Vikki, glad to hear you're feeling better. I hear ya on getting back into a routine, it makes life all better it seems. I somehow forgot about your recipe site so I've subscribed to it now as well. Have a great day. Ron.

Vikki said...

Thank you Ron, We've had this darn bug going around here for 3 weeks, everything someone gets to feeling better someone else passes it on to them again. But I think I've finally kicked it. Thank goodness.
Have a great day and thanks again. Hope you find a recipe or two on the other site you can work with.